What is Quality Assurance?
Quality Assurance means that you have a system to consistently deliver products and services to a high standard. It is achieved by implementing a quality management system that identifies what an organisation needs to do to guarantee the Quality of the “thing” (product and/or service) that their customers pay for.
An example of Quality Assurance
One of the simplest ways to explain Quality Assurance is with the analogy of a Big Mac. If you walk into any McDonalds around the world you can pretty much guarantee that your Big Mac will look and taste the same – Maccas has implemented system to control the quality of the Big Mac, and there is more to the system than you might imagine. Consider the following aspects to delivering the same Big Mac across 119 different countries:
- Staff training,
- Production equipment,
- Ingredients (including suppliers, recipes, stock rotation etc)
- Burger cooking and assembly procedures (eg temperatures, paddy cook times, sequence, how much special sauce is used),
- Feedback (complaints and compliments) Systems to make sure that any Non-conforming burgers are identified and addressed.
Steps to Quality Assurance Certification
- QAS Certification Kick-Start
- System development (policies, manual, procedures, forms and registers)
- Internal Audit
- External Audit & Certification!
Not sure where to begin? Our Certification Kick-Start is the first step!
Quality Assurance Audits
A management system may also be audited in different ways including:
- First party/ Self Audit: Members of the organisation audit themselves or engage a consultant to conduct audit activities
- Second party / Customer Audit: The organisation is audited by a customer or related organisation
- Third party / Independent Audit: A member of a JAS-ANZ accredited Certification Body conducts an independent third party assessment of the management system and the ability of the organisation to deliver Quality Assurance. This audit is required for companies to become ISO 9001 certified.
Contact Us Today
If you’d like more information, or to request a Quick Quote please use the form to the right and one of our consultants will contact you within one business day. Alternatively you are welcome to contact us directly on 1800 676 910 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you may have.