Possible? YES – Fast ISO 9001 Certification is possible. We know because we have done it by working with clients that have tight timeframes (eg tenders due) to get them certified in 10 days – including the Stage 1 and Stage 2 certification audit from a JAS-ANZ Accredited Certification Body.
Conditional? YES definitely. That’s right, there are some key conditions required to make a fast ISO 9001 certification a possibility in ten days. Read on for more information.
Conditions required for fast ISO 9001 Certification
- Your company must have pre-existing, standardised processes in place. This isn’t to say they must be documented but the processes the business performs – the way it does things (from quoting through to taking orders, providing goods and/or services through to invoicing) should largely be done the same way each time.
- Processes musastsiblt be relatively straight forward – not excessively complicated.
- The Senior Leadership Team must be totally committed to customer focus, Quality Management, achieving certification and continual improvement of the business.
- The company must be a relatively small business, preferably less than 20 employees.
- The business should only operate from a single location. A ten-day timeframe for a National company with multiple locations wouldn’t be possible.
- Unrestricted access to all personnel must be provided to the Quality Assurance Consultant to allow them to walk the Gemba, develop, review and implement the QMS without interruption or delays.
- Employees must respond in a timely manner to any requests for information the ISO 9001 Consultant may have. This may include review and approval of documentation, and updating of applicable registers/documentation with information eg Training and Competency Register, Equipment Test & Calibration Registers etc.
- The Certification Body will have to do a back to back audit which means the Stage 1 and Stage 2 ISO 9001 audit consecutively. To do this, the Certification Body will need to have full confidence in the ISO Consultant’s ability to design the management system to meet the requirements of both the businesbs and ISO 9001 without Non-conformities.
- Certification Body auditor availability – the CB will need to have an auditor available at short notice that can complete the audit.
- The ISO 9001 Consultant may have to work after hours / over weekends to ensure:
- Documentation is developed to requirements,
- Internal audit reporting is completed, and action items are addressed accordingly,
- QMS Management Review meetings are completed and minuted per requirements.
10 Day Fast-tracked Certification Timeline
Below is an example of a timeline that could be used for to achieve ISO 9001 certification in ten days, provided the above conditions are met. Schedule of days:
- 1 Gap analysis and information gathering
- 2 & 3 Quality Management System documentation development
- 4 Documentation review and amendment as required
- 5 Implementation
- 6 Internal audit and management review
- 7 Internal audit reporting and action outstanding items identified
- 8 Stage 1 Certification Body Audit
- 9 Stage 2 Certification Body Audit
- 10 Certification Body Audit Reporting & ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certification Awarded!
We are here to help
So, if you are in a tricky position with a late notice Tender then our ISO 9001 Consultants can pull out all stops and ensure you get certified, put your best foot forward on the tender response and hopefully win the contract you are chasing. That said we can’t work the impossible but we can help get you certified in 10 days if your business meets all of the conditions above. If it doesn’t then we can still help with an adjusted timeline. Contact Us today.
Note: just because you are tight on time doesn’t mean you should settle for an unaccredited certification option. Always check your 9001 Certificate is JAS-ANZ Accredited!